Policies & Guidelines
CLASS REGISTRATION ETIQUETTE
- While it is not always necessary, we encourage online pre-registration for classes and workshops in order to secure your space, as many of our classes fill up quickly.
- Late? You’re still great, but you won’t be able attend the class. In order to create a peaceful space free of disruption, and to honour everyone’s time, late comers are not permitted to attend class – not even by one minute. Class sign in ends 3-minutes prior to class start time, so aim arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Upon arrival, say “Hi!” and check in at the front desk. We love to learn how your day is going and our teachers are always available 30 minutes before and after class to chat.
- For all classes in our hot practice room, we leave 5 drop-in spaces for those who arrive early, on a first-come first-serve basis. If a class is busy with a full wait-list (it does happen), we offer up spaces 10 minutes before class begins to accommodate those on standby.
- All drop-in visits will be accommodated on a first-come first-serve basis, space permitting.
- If you pre-registered online for a class but you’re not able to make it, please cancel out of class no later than 60 minutes prior to class start time.
- Class Cards: If you cancel within the 60 minutes prior to class start time, cancelled classes will be returned to your class card. Otherwise, the class will be lost.
- Unlimited memberships: If you’re on an unlimited membership and routinely register, but do not show up for the class (no show/absent), you might – after a warning – have your online booking privileges suspended for a period of one month.
- Cancellations or changes made to our classes will be available online so please reference our online schedule regularly.
- Minimum Age Requirement: our studio policy is a minimum of 16 years old to practice in the hot room (sorry, no exceptions). Students 16-17 years old will require parental consent, which can be sent by email, or a parent/guardian can attend class with minor.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER
- If we need to cancel a class due to weather, a decision will be made up to one hour (minimum) prior to the listed class start time.
- For those who pre-register online, you will receive an automatic email class cancellation notification. If a class is cancelled, it will not show up as a class time option on the Modo Mobile App, and it will show as cancelled with a line through the class when viewing the class schedule page on our website.
- A cancellation notice will also be posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- All prices include HST.
- We accept payment by cash, Interac/Debit, Visa and MasterCard. Receipts will be issued via email upon request. Please inform the teacher/desk staff at the time of purchase if a receipt is required.
- All memberships are non-refundable, non-shareable and non-transferable.
- Class cards do not expire, are non-refundable and non-shareable.
- Please contact us for more information about private sessions, semi-private classes and corporate membership offerings packages.
- For student and senior discounts, a valid student identification is required and available for purchase in studio only.
EXTENSIONS OR SUSPENSIONS
- The Introductory Month and the unlimited month pass cannot be extended or suspended.
- All membership extensions and suspensions are subject to guidelines. See scroll below for membership details for further explanation.
- The Introductory Month activates on the date that you attend your first class, or schedule your first class.
- Limit of one per person.
- Cannot be shared, extended, suspended, transferred or refunded.
- Class cards include options for 5 and 10 class cards.
- Class cards do not expire.
- All class cards are non-refundable, non-shareable.
- If you are moving away and have unused passes on your class card, please email us to request a transfer of unused passes to a friend or family member
- The LiveWell Membership requires a 4-month minimum commitment and auto-renews thereafter on a month-to-month basis, unless you request to cancel (keep reading).
- The Freedom Membership requires a 12-month minimum commitment and auto-renews thereafter on a month-to-month basis, unless you request to cancel (keep reading).
- Payments are billed to your credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) monthly on the same date each month.
- Need to pause your membership? You can request a suspension/hold on your membership as follows:
- LiveWell 4-month minimum Membership Hold: you are entitled to one free hold period up to 60 consecutive day every calendar year of your membership. Your first suspension request is free based on the above terms, and each additional hold request within the same calendar year will incur a $20 administration fee, to be charged to your credit card on file.
- Freedom 12-month minimum Membership Hold: you are entitled to one free hold period up to 90 consecutive days, or 3 suspensions totaling no more than 30 consecutive days, every calendar year of your membership.Your first suspension request is free based on the above terms, and each additional hold request within the same calendar year will incur a $20 administration fee, to be charged to your credit card on file.
- To request a suspension/hold, please complete our “Pause Membership” online form here at least 2 business days in advance of the hold period: https://st-johns.modoyoga.com/more/pause-membership/. Requests will be processed within 48 business hrs and a confirmation email will be sent upon processing. At the end of the suspension period, your membership will be automatically reactivated and your monthly credit card payments will renew.
- Traveller’s Pass: This pass is offered to students on memberships with a minimum commitment of one month, including LiveWell, Freedom, Club 365 Members and those on a One Month Unlimited pass. The following terms apply:
- Email your request for a Traveller’s Pass to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to travel at least 7 days in advance of travel date.
- Upon receipt of your request, you will be emailed the Travel Pass, or you can opt to pick it up at the front desk at the studio.
- The dates for which this pass is valid cannot not exceed 14 days.
- A Traveller’s Pass can be issued to an individual student no more than 5 times per year.
- There must be a minimum of 30 days between use of a Traveller’s Pass at any one studio, therefore, the pass cannot be issued for consecutive dates at a single studio.
- This pass is not meant to be used as a long-term solution for students who are often in two or more different places, ex. You live in St. John’s but spend a few months every winter in San Diego). These passes are meant for one-time-travel use only, ex. you live in St. John’s, but you vacatio/work in Vancouver for a week). If you spend several weeks or months of a year in another city, we suggest you purchase the Modo Interstudio Pass or a membership/class package offered by the studio you frequently visit when you travel.
- The Traveller’s Pass is for classes only. Other membership perks such as mat/towel rentals, or the ability to bring a friend, do not apply. If a studio wishes to offer any additional perks they are free to do so, but students should only expect classes to be given.
- To cancel your membership: A membership can be cancelled following the initial commitment period by written email request to email@example.com submitted at least 10 DAYS in advance of your monthly billing date. An early cancellation fee of $50 per month applies if you cancel before the minimum term of your membership agreement is complete.
- View our Member Perks here
ONE MONTH UNLIMITED PASS
- The one month unlimited pass is for 30 unlimited consecutive days and activates from the date of first class attended or that you sign up to attend a class (except for promotions; valid from date of purchase).
- Cannot be shared, extended, suspended, transferred or refunded.
- Pre-registration is recommended for workshops to secure your place.
- Must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- You must notify us via email that you cannot attend at least 48-HOURS before the workshop date in order to be eligible for a full refund. If less than 48-HOURS cancellation notice is given, a refund will only be issued if there is someone on the waitlist who can take your place in the workshop.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted to enter workshops once the workshop begins. No refunds will be issued in this case.
- You must cancel at least 24-HOURS notice prior to class start time listed in order to be eligible for a refund or credit. You can cancel through the website, mobile app, call the studio (709) 753-0206, or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24-HOURS before class start time.
- If you cancel within the 24-HOURS you will receive a refund or credit only if we are able to fill your space. If you miss the class or give late notice to cancel, a refund or credit will not be issued. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Contact us by email email@example.com to arrange for a private (individual or group) session.
- Individual private rate is dependent upon teacher. Please email for details.
- Group private rate is $150 for 3-12 people, $10 per person thereafter. HST included. A $50 deposit is required at the time of booking.
- A refund will only be given at least 4-HOURS before your scheduled private class time to reschedule. Otherwise you be charged the full price of the session.